Delegation – The Art Of Delegating Effectively
Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and to whom to delegate. We will also go through the delegation process step by step and learn about techniques to overcome problems.
What Will Students Learn?
- How delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful
- Different ways of delegating tasks
- How to use an eight-step process for effective delegation
- How to give better instructions for better delegation results
- Common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Ways to monitor delegation results
- Techniques for giving effective feedback
What Topics are Covered?
- Why delegate? What is delegation?
- Pre-assignment review
- Picking the right person
- The delegation meeting
- Giving instructions
- Monitoring delegation
- Practicing delegation
- Giving feedback
- Becoming a good delegator
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion