Effective Planning and Scheduling
This two-day workshop will not disclose the secret of creating an accurate schedule, because there isn’t one. However, it will provide the factors and fundamental elements that you should consider and address when creating any type of schedule.
Participants should complete the Intermediate Project Management workshop prior to this course, or have equivalent knowledge.
How You Will Benefit?
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule
What You Will Cover?
- Projects and schedules
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Estimating activity durations
- Identifying task dependencies
- Aligning resources with activities
- Project planning
- Scheduling software
- Uncertainty and risk management
- Creating a viable schedule
- Updating and monitoring the schedule
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion