Giving Effective Feedback
This course will help participants learn why the way we deliver is feedback is important, how to deliver a message so that people accept it and make changes that may be needed, and how to accept feedback that we are offered.
What Will Students Learn?
- Explain why feedback is essential
- Apply a framework for providing formal or informal feedback
- Use descriptive language in delivering feedback
- Describe six characteristics of effective feedback
- Provide feedback in real situations
What Topics are Covered?
- Feedback definitions
- Speaking clearly
- Communication strategies
- Characteristics of effective feedback
- Receiving feedback graciously
- Testing the waters (role play practice)
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion