The Practical Trainer
This three-day course will give you the skills that you need so that your students not only learn, but also enjoy the process, retain information shared, and use their new skills back in the workplace.
What Will Students Learn?
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their training needs, including the different learning styles and adult learning principles.
- Know how to write objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met at the end of a training session.
- Develop an effective training style, using appropriate training aids and techniques.
- Conduct a short group training session that incorporates these training concepts.
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining a successful training program/trainer
- Adult learning and the learning process
- Principles of adult learning
- Style assessment, including introvert/extrovert analysis
- Applying the learning cycle
- The training process (planning training, choosing methods, designing learning sequences)
- Adding games
- Setting the climate
- Presentation skills
- Dealing with difficult trainees
- On-the-job training
- Evaluation techniques
- Mock training presentations for peer review
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion